Changes to programs that support Wyoming residents with developmental disabilities and acquired brain injuries have prompted the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) to host several informational meeting.
A law approved by the Wyoming Legislature and the governor earlier this year called for two new waivers: a “Supports Waiver” and a “Comprehensive Waiver.” The WDH says current participants will be transitioned to the new comprehensive waiver over the coming months and new participants from the waiting list will be brought on to the supports waiver as funding becomes available.
“We realize change can lead to concerns from our participants and their family members as well as from providers,” said Chris Newman, WDH Behavioral Health Division senior administrator. “People on the waiting lists may also have questions. We want these informational forums to help people understand the planned changes and the reasons we’re making them.”
Each informational forum will run from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Details include:
· October 9, *Cheyenne*- Laramie County Community College, Center for Conferences and Institutes, Centennial Room, 1400 East College Drive
· October 10, *Casper*-Natrona County Extension Building, 2011 Fairgrounds Rd
· October 14, *Lander*- Lander Valley High School Auditorium, 350Baldwin Creek Rd
· October 14, *Green River*- Western Wyoming Community College, John Wesley Powell Room, 1 College Way
· October 15, *Buffalo*- Senior Center, 671 W Fetterman St
· October 15, *Afton*- Afton Civic Center, 150 S Washington St
There will also be a webinar/teleconference for anyone unable to attend a community meeting. It will be held on October 18 from 1-3 p.m.