by staff–20 Aug ’20
The Mountain West Conference recently announced that 2020 fall sports are being postponed indefinitely due to the ongoing challenges with the effective mitigation and management of the COVID-19 virus as it relates to athletic competition. Due to that postponement of fall seasons, the University of Wyoming Athletics Department will be facing challenging financial times. In response to the financial challenges ahead, UW Athletics is launching the WHYoming NOW campaign.
By giving to WHYoming NOW, you will be protecting the future of our student-athletes, alumni and fans and will be helping to maintain the proud tradition of Cowboy and Cowgirl Athletics that has been built over decades. Current projections show that a revenue loss approaching $15 million is possible, which would negatively impact the future of Wyoming Athletics.
Details About the WHYoming NOW Campaign
- Contributions to WHYoming NOW will receive 3 Cowboy Joe Club priority points per $100 donated. Triple the normal reward!
- Donations are 100% tax deductible
- All donations will be matched by the state of Wyoming
- Contributions will go toward meeting the academic, mental health and nutritional needs of UW student-athletes, while allowing student-athletes to continue to train for a return to competition, which is something all Wyoming fans are looking forward to in the future.
- Contributions to the campaign will not count toward 2020 or future annual giving memberships
Additional Questions About the WHYoming NOW Campaign
Cowboy Joe Club staff will be reaching out to current CJC members to provide additional information on WHYoming NOW. Fans who have questions may also contact the Cowboy Joe Club at (307) 766-6242 or email@example.com.